Thursday, 16 July 2015

THE 70s THROWBACK

this pose! lol.
     Hello lovelies. Hope your day is going well?
Thursday is known as throwback Thursday, #tbt, here on the internet. So today on the blog I am throwing it back to one of my favourite times (truth be told I love all of them, from the 1920s onwards). I always say I would have love to be born during the 1920s, very cultured time (tori for another day)
 ...but there would be no selfie :(

The 1970s are really in at the moment and I am loving it, it is so fun and free. Think maxi dresses/skirts, high waisted and flared bottoms like the one I have on, vintage round glasses, boho-chic hair and makeup, platforms. What's not to love!!


Today I am wearing this red 70s inspired flare high waisted trouser. The flare trouser is actually one of the most flattering shaped trousers for women of all sizes and shapes, especially when it comes in the right length i.e goes all the way down to the floor and even covers your footwear completely, talk about having legs for days plus you also get to keep Nigeria clean :D (advantages) lol.



Ever since I got this pair, I have worn it almost everyday and with almost everything in my closet from tanks, camis, crop tops, tees, blouse, etc. The possibilities with this pair of trousers is endless. It can be dressed up or dressed down as you want it and can be worn to various occasions like weddings, parties work, school, etc, anywhere you want, with the right top and accessories.


Today, however, I am wearing it the easy way, with a simple black top, some heels and oh! check out  my retro bag. Told you I love the olden days.



Did I mention it is  a Spring Summer 2015 trend. Does this even count for something???
Lemme know guys, how do you feel about this trend?  Would you rock flare trousers, and how would you style yours? Would you rock any other 70s trends?
Let me know in the comment below
P.S.About the hair in this pictures, we talked already talked about it in the last post
photo credit: deejaykayphotography
"If I can have any impact, I want women to feel good about themselves and have fun with fashion" - Michelle Obama
Thank you so much for for reading 
Please comment, share, like etc. 
God bless you 
xo
OLUCHI



16 comments :

  1. Am not Caitlyn Jenner i would have tried it, you've about it in a way it has won my heart but I can allow my babe wear this sha.. I just don't like the part where it sweeps the ground but it's fashion!!!! Nice outfit..I would give it an A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. Thanks bro. Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  2. Nyc..you look Delicious in d outfit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit. Would rock this any day.. N yeah..I love the shoes, very chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear and thank you for visiting

      Delete
  4. Now who said this young lady dont inspire me. I love those red flares really gorgeous. The oldies sure made sense, I would have been happier if I existed way then cos their dressing sure killed it. Lovely outfit i must say dleona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I know right. making sense time. Thank you so much for reading.

      Delete
  5. We are namesakes?? Now we have to be friends.. Lovely pants too ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi V (u see I have a nick name for you, we are already friends). Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  6. Those pants..woop!woop!Too fly

    www.lindasworldofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rock in those... I'm proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a simple but classy look. I love the 70s as well.
    www.deemako.com

    ReplyDelete